Minonk Telephone building - 1966
The Minonk Telephone Company operated out of a building at the southeast corner of
Oak and Sixth Streets. It was built in 1910 by the A. B. Kipp family and the phone
exchange was operated by the Kipps until it was sold to General Telephone in 1953.
The first floor at one time was also used for the Kipp Lumber business office. The
building was torn down in 1966 after the telephone company went to the dial system
two years earlier. The photo is the courtesy of Mernie Milashoski who was a telephone
operator in the building.