Illinois Central freight house
These are photos of the Illinois Central freight depot that was torn down in the 1970's. The freight
house was located halfway between Fifth and Fourth Street on the Oak Street side of the tracks. The
Illinois Central passenger station was torn down in the 1930's. Efforts to buy and preserve the last of the
Illinois Central buildings were futile and Minonk lost another building that played a significant role in
the history of the city.
The photos are the courtesy of Albin Johnson and Raymond Schneider.