This is a view of the building that was the location of Walker Implement at the north end of
Minonk. The view is from the east looking across the IC tracks and old highway 51. The
location is currently occupied by a factoring building owned by SMF of Minonk. For a long
time the building housed an implement dealership for International Harvester. Frank Iliff
first sold Farmall and International Harvester equipment in the 1930's and 40's. In the 1940's
Kenny Walker took over the International Harvester dealership as Walker Implement. In the 1960's the business was
sold to a group of Minonk investors that included Henry Oncken and Bob and Gene Oncken. The business
eventually moved to the northwest side of Minonk along the new route 51 highway.
In the 1940's Oliver Turchi ran a bar and restaurant called the Comet in the middle of the building.
Sutton Brothers ran a Sinclair gas station at the south end of the building which is to the left side
of the picture.