The photo of Minonk's Old Mill is from the book "Tales from the Trees" written by
Ailene Hayes Schneider. The old mill was originally owned and operated
by Charles Dobson. In 1874 it was purchased by Josiah Kerrick. The mill burned to the
ground in 1910. It supposedly had a mill wheel, which was powered by water that flowed
from the northeast side of the city westward into Crow Creek west of the city.