Plans continue for the annual Minonk Parade of Lights.
many activities are planned for this years event
sponsored by the Minonk business association.
The city crew has begun to put up the decorations in
the business district. Many businesses will be decorating
their windows. The lights across the tops of the business
buildings are being checked and repaired to be ready for
the holiday season. Business association members and
individuals are busy selling raffle tickets for the cash
This years parade expects to have over 40 entries including
Below are many of the activities that will be happening.
1. Most businesses will be open all day and after the
parade. Many will have special events.
2. A holiday stop & shop will be open from approx. 1:00
until 9:00 p.m. this will be located two doors north of
3. Free carriage rides will be given from 5:15 to 6:15 and
after the parade. They will be starting at the corner
of Chestnut & 6th street, weather permitting.
4. Dana Fire Dept. will give free rides in their children's
barrel train after the parade. Starting at the corner of
Chestnut & 6th in front of Pop's, weather permitting.
5. Fieldcrest East bell choir will perform at Pop's from
5:30 to 6:00.
6. Fieldcrest H.S. Carolers will be on main street before the
7. Fireworks display will be just prior to the parade.
8. Parade will begin at approx. 6:30 p.m. at Fieldcrest
9.Mr. & Mrs Santa Claus will be meeting the kids at city
hall following the parade. Bags of goodies will be given
out. Bring your cameras for pictures.
10. And more
Go into the businesses to shop & eat!!!!!!!!
All parade entries should be at the Fieldcrest H.S. parking
lot by 5:30 p.m. Contact Meyer-Jochums Agency if you have
an entry. Phone 309-432-2517 ext. 4 or 5.
A special thanks for all donations made to the parade
and for all who made this event possible.
Come and have an exciting & fun time.
Have a blessed holiday season!!!!!
Minonk Business Association