The following letter was sent to Fieldcrest families by Superintendent Dr. Kari Rockwell
Dear Fieldcrest Community,
Our school community is experiencing increased quarantines due to positive cases. This growing concern also causes a lack of substitutes in all district buildings and departments. The information received by the district office in the past 24 hours has necessitated the decision to move to remote learning. Tomorrow, Monday, 11/16 will be a Remote Planning Day (non-student attendance day) to allow all staff the time to pivot into this new working environment in order to best serve our students and families. Tuesday, 11/17 through Tuesday, 11/24 will be Remote Learning Days. More information will be sent to families from the building principal and/or teachers on Monday.
In order to make sure all students receive a nutritious, no-cost breakfast and lunch, our kitchen and transportation staff will work together to prepare and deliver meals. In-town students that do not ride a bus, may pick up meals.
Rural Route meals will be delivered to the home and left in a convenient and safe location. Please social distance and allow drivers/monitors to stay safe. Delivering hundreds of meals is a large undertaking, please be patient.
- Meals delivered: Monday, 11/16 between 9:45am and 12:00pm (2 days of meals, 11/16 and 11/17)
- Meals delivered: Wednesday, 11/18 between 9:45am and 12:00pm (2 days of meals, 11/18 and 11/19)
- No School Friday, 11/20 (previously scheduled)
- Meals delivered: Monday, 11/23 between 9:45am and 12:00pm (2 days of meals, 11/23 and 11/24)
- For in-town students, meals can be picked up on 11/16, 11/18, and 11/23 from 10:00-11:00am in front of the school that is most convenient for the family.
- Device pickup will take place in all buildings between 9:00am-3:00pm on Monday 11/16. More information will be shared by Primary School and Intermediate School for K-4 students in need of a device.
Fieldcrest students currently attending out of district placements such as WCSEA or BACC will remain in session and transportation will continue to run.
As you have witnessed, the move to remote learning is often difficult for all involved. Please be kind to all who care for our students, the staff wants what is safe and engaging as we navigate through these changing times.
Our tentative and hopeful return date is Monday, November 30th. This date is subject to change based on the number of quarantines, positive case numbers, and availability of staff. In order to keep all students and staff healthy after the 11/30 return, please keep your student home if he/she experiences any symptoms, is awaiting test results, or has had exposure to a household member with COVID-like symptoms. While the difficulty of this task is fully understood, we implore every family to follow the guidance above in order to allow health students to return to in-person instruction. Please continue to notify the school office of any health concerns.
Kari L. Rockwell