Feldcrest Superintendent Dr. Kari Rockwell announced that Fieldcrest Board of Education member Charles Lohr has resigned and applications are being accepted for his replacement. Below is her report.
In conformity with the Illinois School Code section 105 ILCS 5/10-10, the Fieldcrest Community Unit School District #6 Board of Education hereby gives notice that the application process for persons desiring to be considered for appointment by the Board to fill the vacancy created by the resignation of At-large School Board Member, Charles Lohr on August 26, 2020, begins immediately. The person selected will serve until the next regular school election scheduled for April 6, 2021 at which time a candidate will be elected to fill a four-year term.
A candidate for the position must:
1. be a citizen of the United States;
2. be of the age of 18 years or over;
3. be a resident of the State of Illinois and of the Fieldcrest Community Unit School District #6 for at least one year;
4. shall be a registered voter, as provided by the general election law; and
5. submit a resume per the directions below
The candidate's resume (no separate application required) must be addressed to Board President Mrs. MyKin Bernardi via email at email@example.com OR at the Fieldcrest CUSD#6 district office at 1 Dornbush Drive, Minonk, Illinois 61760. The resume must be received via email OR in the district office no later than 5:00 p.m. on September 17, 2020, or postmarked no later than September 14, 2020.
The Board will notify selected applicants of interview procedures.