The Homestead Restaurant was a popular restaurant located at the north edge of Minonk
from the late 1940's until the 1960's. The restaurant was first run by Max Hill and later by
Although this picture shows the building with white paint, it was built with logs and originally had a
natural dark wood finish.
The 1/2 mile walk from downtown to the Homestead Restaurant was a popular trail for young people
who were too young to drive. Young girls would parade back and
forth between downtown and the Homestead attracting the eyeballs of the young boys who would drive
by slowly in their jalopies and whistle at them.
The building is still standing and has been used as a home and as a storage building.