|Home | City Hall | Editorial | Events | About | Schools | News | Chatter box | Email | Photos | Maps | Issues|
|Orgins | Early Settlers | Ethnic Groups | Coal Mine | Tragedies | Businesses | Buildings | People | Sports | Stories|
Gambles Store opening - 1946This photo shows customers waiting for the opening of the new Gambles Store in 1946. The store was located in the north block of Chestnut Street between Krogers on the left and Visserings Mercantile on the right. The store was owned and operated by Everett Dahl. An interesting item to note is the dust on the car on the left. It probably was a car that was driven on the dusty gravel roads back then.