In the scene above a sidewalk is being laid by Bert Blackmore about 1914 at the corner of the alley between West 5th and Walnut. The building pictured is the old Minonk Post Office. The white store on the left was at one time a barber shop, Bill Terry's Cream Station and McDonoughs Grocery Store. All of the buildings were destroyed in the fire of 2011.
Workmen and equipment are seen in the foreground of the picture. John Shaw and the Baker brothers worked with Blackmore in laying the sidewalks in Minonk. - Photo courtesy of the late George Blackmer