(March 26, 2020 - Peoria, Illinois) -UnityPoint Health® - Central Illinois, has launched a local Respiratory Triage Center. If you believe you need to be tested for COVID-19 please contact the Respiratory Referral Line at (309) 680-2850for evaluation. UnityPoint Health staff will ask the caller a series of questions to determine if testing is needed. At this point, the caller will be provided with directions or next steps.
Call Center Hours of Operation:
Call(309) 680-2850for evaluation
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The most important thing everyone can do is continue to practice social distancing. Social distancing refers to public health interventions that can help stop infectious disease transmission by avoiding crowds and large gatherings such as weddings, concerts, conferences, sporting events, and mass transit. Best practice requires maintaining at least a six-foot distance between yourself and others.
The CDC recommends the following:
- Wash your hands properlyâ€”and oftenâ€”or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick or have been exposed to COVID-19
- Practice social distancing
- Stay home if you aren't feeling well
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Wear a face mask only if you are sick, or if you're caring for someone who is sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
For more ways to protect against the spread of COVID-19 and seasonal influenza, and for the latest updates and guidance in this rapidly evolving situation, please visit the websites of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention;Peoria City and County Health Department,Tazewell Health Department, andIllinois Department of Public Health.