|Home | Alumni | Editorial | Events | Schools | News | Email | Photos | Maps ||
|Orgins| Early Settlers| Coal mine| Ethnic Groups| Tragedies| Businesses| Buildings| People| Old Photos| Stories| Sports| Schools|
The new Methodist church building was dedicated on June 6, 1954. The old church was torn down in 1946 and ground breaking ceremonies for the new church was in 1949. Services were held for several years in the High School and the Masonic Temple.
The organ purchased in 1927 for the previous church was used as was the 100 year old bell.
The approximate cost of the church was $80,000 and would have been higher had it not been for the many hours donated by members and friends of the church.
The pastor of the church was Reverend E. V. Young who served the church since 1947. He retired after the ceremony after 50 years of ministry.
Pictures courtesy of David Gutherz
New Methodist church in 1954
Reverend E. V. Young