Women and Allies will gather on the Anniversary of the Historic Women's March
East Peoria River Front Park, Saturday, January 20th, 12-1pm: This weekend
marks the one year anniversary of the Women's March, when millions of people across the globe
gathered in an act of nonviolent resistance. The past year has seen massive organization and
resistance, and this year's march aims to channel that energy into concrete results in the 2018 election.
All women and allies are encouraged to attend. Information will be available regarding election dates
and Illinois voting rules. The rally will feature music by Sarah Marie Dillard of Sarah and the Underground
and Jessica Wilson of Projekts. The following list of speakers with deliver inspiring messages on the
themes of grassroots activism and voter mobilization.
- Jill Blair, Candidate for IL 88th
- Carolyn Blodgett, Candidate for IL 91st
- Chama St. Louis, Founder of Black Justice Project
- Bernice Gordon-Young, President of It Takes a Village Peoria, Inc.
- Carole Hoke, Fondulac United Church of Christ
- Nora Sullivan, Organizer of the Women's March Peoria 2017
- Alecia Collins, Founder of Women Empowering Women
- Jimena Lopez, ACLU of Peoria
- Helen King and Jackie Petty, Peoria NAACP
- Jaci Musec, Captured and Reclaime