A look at
|Home | City Hall | Editorial | Events | About | Schools | News | Chatter box | Email | Photos | Maps | Issues|
|Orgins | Early Settlers | Ethnic Groups | Coal Mine | Tragedies | Buildings | People | Old Photos | Sports|
Minonk Garage CompanyThis building at the southeast corner of Walnut and Sixth Streets housed Minonk Garage Company back in the 1940's when this picture was taken. Allis Chalmers tractors were sold and serviced at this site.
The building was the first garage in Minonk and was built in 1909 by Dan Stimpert who sold Mitchells and Chevrolets and operated the Quality Oil Company there for many years. Later the Morgenstern Garage sold Hudsons there.
In the late 40's Ray Borens had a Studebaker car agency in the building. After that Art Longman did mechanical repair work in the building. In 1967 Bill Herman moved his auto body shop to the building and is still today the site of Herman's Body Shop.